Social Media Manager (freelance – 16 hours per week)
To build an influential and large following across all social media platforms, especially those most used by journalists (e.g. Twitter) and point towards our online content and expertise, helping to establish the RMC as the go to place for the coverage of religion.
Working closely with the RMC editorial team and Director making RMC content noticed and available to the widest possible spectrum, of potential users. Payment for this consultancy service will be partly based on your success in making the RMC website the prime journalist source for religious briefing.
- ensure regular newsletter emails to supporters
- emailing daily and weekly round ups of stories to journalists
- Direct message/tag targeted organisations and point to our website
- Follow and interact with targeted organisations – liking/commenting/retweeting
- create an average of 10 tweets each day including retweets and original content.
- complete and enhance the RMC profile on LinkedIn
- join and engage in relevant LinkedIn groups
- post once each day on LinkedIn – mixture of fresh content and reshares
- regularly check with analytics to measure interest and uptake
You will be highly productive, hard-working (to very tight deadlines), self-motivated and have a good level of religious literacy across a range of faiths and world views. You will have excellent, proven social media skills, be highly flexible and have your own extensive social media networks.
For further information: contact Michael Wakelin, chair; or Ruth Peacock, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org 0203-970-0709
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications Friday 8th May 2020.